StorageWith more than 250 pallet locations, 7,000 picking locations and 20,000 SKUs managed day to day, IDS has the warehousing capacity leading publishers and resource providers’ demand. Our technology automates inventory management and returns processing, providing for you and your customers complete order fulfilment satisfaction and distribution accuracy.
Accurate order processing means having the technology, people and systems in place to guarantee the right products get processed correctly. Our customised packaging, pick and pack lines are capable of handling single book to truckload quantities.
Independent Distribution Solutions flexibility allows us to handle anything from small direct mail order fulfilment to large wholesale distribution and our adaptability allows us to handle CD/DVD distribution, book distribution, catalogue distribution and much more with ease.
IDS Returns Processing services include accurate return and restock maintenance. Our team assess the condition and potential for resale of all returned products. With returns processed quickly and efficiently our clients can focus more of their time on sales and marketing.
Kits and Packs
IDS offers the flexibility needed to accommodate different customer requirements within a multi-client warehouse environment. Systems also allow IDS to assemble, reliably and accurately, any “kits” required by the customer. By giving each item in a kit as well as the kit a SKU or ISBN number, IDS is able to meet the needs of publishers who send kits or packs, containing several inventory items, out to consumers or trade customers. After serving the publishing industry for more than 30 years, whether it’s applying attention-getting stickers or assembling special promotional product packs, the IDS team responds promptly and efficiently to these special projects and can provide support for virtually any marketing-related need.
Online System Accessibility
We are continually developing and adding new features to our IT systems, giving IDS customers the information they need to better manage their inventory.
A range of customised reports can be made available on demand along with direct access into our comprehensive distribution IT capability to view sales trends, customer purchasing and of course inventory levels and stock turns.
IDS Customer Service provides full order receipt and entry via dedicated customer service lines. The overall scope of IDS Customer Service includes:
- Catalogue and direct marketing order entry.
- Price, availability and basic information requests.
- Personalised customer service and provision of information, utilising inventory databases, transaction records and customer histories.
- Internet inquiry, order entry and email communication.
The IDS team is well experienced in international shipping with regular shipments into New Zealand. Operating IDS New Zealand means that, although your inventory will be stored in our Australian distribution centre, your New Zealand customers will be invoiced in New Zealand dollars and IDS will process all GST payments and reporting on your behalf. This signifi cantly simplifi es the selling process for your organisation and the order process for your New Zealand customers. We would be delighted to provide you with more comprehensive information on how IDS can take your product range into New Zealand.
IDS also ships into the Oceania region and can discuss any specifi c requirements you may have for this service.
- No rent or mortgage to pay on premises.
- No wages or salaries to pay for warehouse staff.
- No equipment or packaging costs to pay.
- Ability to turn fixed overhead cost into variable product costs “pay as you use” service with no hidden costs.
- Your known cost per unit can be calculated in product cost to safeguard profit margins.
- One point of contact for all distribution requirements.
- Experienced staff available at all times.
- Experienced logistics staff to advise on all aspects of distribution.
- Flexible working hours to suit your requirements at the same cost.
- All orders “quality controlled” for accuracy.
- Freeing of your managerial time to concentrate on the sales and marketing of your products.
As a client of Independent Distribution Solutions we can provide you with access to our additional in-house capabilities to provide a customised solution for you and your customers.
- With state of the art desk top publishing systems our professional graphic design team can design just about any packaging, marketing or promotional piece for you and take it right through to production. This includes short run specialist projects right through to mass runs of 100,000 plus product catalogues.
- Our web design team can design and develop a custom webinterface for your organisation linking directly into your products within the IDS product database. This can then be further developed to provide you with a complete e-Commerce solution.
- Because we work with a variety of printers your organisation can benefi t from our signifi cant volume purchasing rates. Whether it’s a book, DVD, CD or product catalogue IDS can take care of the entire process from design through to publication and then distribution.
- Having developed our own online survey capability, IDS can send out and manage online surveys to your customer base. Market research, product development, or simply customer feedback the IDS online survey capability can provide you with real and timely feedback from your market or customers.